Subject Area: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Department: Engineering Technology
Building: Anderson Room: 234
Phone: (219) 989-2574
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering/Corrosion Science, University of Manchester, 1980
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Birkenhead College, UK,1973
Research and Scholarship Focus:
Lash Mapa’s research focus is in Six Sigma methodology and supply chain management. He has managed over thirty Lean Six Sigma projects with manufacturing, service industry and educational institutions. He is a certified Six Sigma black belt and a certified quality engineer with American Society of Quality. He has been Co-PI for federally-funded projects from the Department of Veteran Affairs on “Facilitating Yellow, Green and Black Belt Training.” He has also received industry-sponsored projects dealing with energy efficiency of a heating tunnel for packaging machinery.
- Mapa, L, & Khan, S. J. (2016), Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Tag Detection in 3-D. Proceedings of the 2016 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition, June 26-29, 2016, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Mapa, L & Gummereddy, R. (2016), Effect of Packing Density of Particles on RFID Penetration. Proceedings of the 2016 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition, June 26-29, 2016, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Mapa, L., Gummireddy, R. (2015) RFID Signal Penetration through Particulate Solids, ASEE Conference, June 14-17, 2015, Seattle, Washington. Publication URL
- Mapa, L., Saha, K. (2015) Application of RFID Technology in Patient Management System, ASEE Conference, June 14-17, 2015, Seattle, Washington. Publication URL