Title: Associate Professor, IEEE Senior Member
Subject Area: Electrical Engineering Technology
Department: Engineering Technology
Building: Technology Room: 280
Phone: (219) 785-5372
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of New Mexico
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Southeast University, P.R. China
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Southeast University, P.R. China
- CET 311 Analog and Digital Signal Processing with Laboratory
- ECE 201 Linear Circuit Analysis I
- ECE 202 Linear Circuit Analysis II
- ECE 255 Electronic Analysis and Design
- ECET 304 Introduction to Communication Systems
- ECET 307 Analog Signal Processing
- ECET 372 Process Control
- ECET 305 Analytical Methods in Engineering Technology
- EE 314 Statistics and Probabilities in Electrical Engineering
- EE 340 Principles of Communication Systems
- EE 402 Modeling and Analysis of Dynamic Systems
- EE 448 Control Systems
- EET 118 Electrical Circuit Analysis I
- EET 122 Digital Circuits and Systems
- EET 125 Electrical Circuit Analysis II
- EET 220 Electronic Circuits I
- EET 240 Electronic Circuits II
- EET 320 Analog Signal Processing Systems with Laboratory
- EET 350 Applied Digital Signal Processing
- ENGR 45000 Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Math 215 Calculus I
- Math 233 Discrete Mathematics
- MATH 140 College Algebra
- MATH 238 Linear Algebra
- ME 37600 System Modeling and Analysis
- System modeling and analysis
- Analog and digital signal processing
- Adaptive noise control
- Analog and digital control systems
- Communications systems
Served as the author or co-author on over 60 refereed journal and conference publications.
- Tan, Li-Zhe and J. Jiang, Analog Signal Processing and Filter Design, Second Edition, Linus Publications, 2016.
- Tan, Li-Zhe and J. Jiang, Digital Signal Processing: Fundamentals and Applications. Second Edition, Elsevier/Academic Press, February 2013.
- Tan, Li-Zhe and J. Jiang, Analog Signal Processing and Filter Design, Linus Publications, 2009.
- Jiang, Jean and D. M. Etter, Student Work Book for Engineering Problem Solving with ANSI C, Prentice Hall, 1995.
- L. Tan, J. Jiang, Novel Adaptive IIR Notch Filters for Frequency Estimation and Tracking. Chapter 20 in Streamlining, Digital Signal Processing: A Tricks of the Trade Guidebook, pp. 197-205, IEEE Press/ Wiley & Sons, 2012. ISBN: 978-1-118-27838-3.
- L. Tan, J. Jiang, L. Wang, Adaptive Harmonic IIR Notch Filters for Frequency Estimation and Tracking. Chapter 13 in Adaptive Filtering, pp. 313-332, InTech, 2011. ISBN: 978-953-307-158-9.
- J. Jiang, “Linear Active Noise Control Principles and Algorithms”, Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjing, China, March 2017.
- J. Jiang, “Digital Signal Processing Techniques and Applications”, School of Mechanical Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjing, China, August 2012.
- L. Tan, J. Jiang, “Active Control of Impulsive Noise Using a Nonlinear Companding Function,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 58-59, pp. 29-40, June 2015, Elsevier.
- L. Tan, J. Jiang, L. Wang, “Multirate Processing Technique for Obtaining Integer and Fractional Order Derivatives of Low-Frequency Signals,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 63, No. 4, pp. 904-912, April 2014.
- N. Chimitt, W. Misch, L. Tan, A. Togbe, J. Jiang, “Comparative study of simple feature extraction for single-channel EEG based classification,” 2017 IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology, pp. 166-170, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, May 2017.
- L. Tan, H. Zhang, J. Jiang, “A Complex Adaptive Harmonic IIR Notch Filter,” 2015 IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology, pp. 107-111, Northern Illinois University, Naperville, Illinois, May 2015.
- Senior Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) and
- International Association of Journals and Conferences (IAJC)