James B. Higley
Subject Area: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Department: Engineering Technology
Building: Anderson Room: 208C
Phone: (219) 989-2584
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University, May 1987
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University Calumet, May 1985
Research and Scholarship Focus:
Jim Higley’s research focus is in product development, mechanical design, mechatronics, and CNC machining. He has helped launch several commercial projects over the last few years. He has also been a PI for an NSF funded grant on mechanical design laboratory improvement. In addition, he has performed industrial training in CAD, CNC, design, and machining for local industry.
- Fathizadeh, M., Latif, N., Neff, G., Higley, J., Zahraee, M., Hossain, A. (2013) Implementation of a New Mechatronics Engineering Technology Degree Leveraging Industry Support, Technology Interface International Journal, Winter Issue (TIIJ) Vol. 14 N1, pp.
- Wilson; Nick, Higley; James, and Burk; Mark, Packaging System, United States Patent No. US 9,260,213, February 16, 2016.
- Higley, James, Magazine for firearm, United States Patent No. US 9,506,706 B2, November 29, 2016.