Title: Assistant Professor
Subject Area: OLS - Environmental Health and Safety
Department: Construction Science and Organizational Leadership
Building: Anderson Room: 208N
Phone: (219) 989-8130
Ph.D. Industrial and Systems Engineering, North Carolina A&T State University
M.S.E. Industrial, Manufacturing and Information Engineering, Morgan State University
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, The Polytechnic Ibadan Nigeria
- OLS 16300, Fundamental of self-leadership
- OLS 34300, Hazardous Materials
- OLS 47400, Conference Leadership
- OLS 33300, Safety, Health & Environmental Laws, Codes, Regulations and Standards
- OLS 33600, Fundamentals of Risk Assessment and Risk Management
- OLS 39900, Special Course in OLS
- OLS 24200, Fundamentals of Ergonomics
- American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Human Factors and Ergonomic Society (HFES)
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Auditory Protection and Performances
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Environmental Noise Assessment and Control
- STEM Education
- Occupational Safety & Health Standards for General Industry (OSHA 501 & 511)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Lean Manufacturing
- Occupational Hearing Conservationist
Honors and Awards
- Fall 2016. “The Effects of night shift schedule on workers’ life and wellbeing: Gender Differences.” (PI). Purdue University Northwest, College of Technology. $1,100 awarded.
- Alfred Sloan Foundation for Minority Sloan Scholar (PhD) (2010-2013)
- Best Graduate Student Research Oral Presentation of the Year 2011
- Xerox Technical Minority Scholarship (2011)
- Book Chapter
- Fasanya, B. K., & Kornegay, A. (2016). Organizational Behavior Management at the Workplace: Emerging Approaches for Large-Scale Productivity (in press)
- Referee Journals
- Fasanya, B. K., Kornegay, A., & Augustine, G.M. (2016). Effects of Technology Advancement in Workplaces on Workers’ Well-being. Journal of Safety and Health at Work (SHAW) (Submitted for review).
- Fasanya, B.K., & Dada, E. A. (2016). Workplace violence and Safety issues in Long-term Facilities: Nurses perspectives. Journal of Safety and Health at Work (SHAW) vol.7 p.97-101.
- Fasanya, B. K. (2016). Effects of multitasking on operator performance using computational and auditory tasks. International journal of occupational safety and ergonomics, 22(3), 405-413.
- Kornegay, A., Fasanya, B.K., Fazarro, D., Wright, j., Watson, G., & Sowells, E. (2015). Technology Driven Innovation — Strengthening Industry and Academia Partnerships for Advanced Manufacturing Gains. Technology Interface International Journal (TIIJ), vol. 15 (2) 62- 66
- Conference Proceedings
- Fasanya, B.K., & Pope-Ford, R. (2017). The Effects of night shift schedule on workers’ life and wellbeing: Gender Differences. Accepted for 8th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics conference proceeding. July, 2017, Los Angeles CA, USA.
- William A. Ahroon, Heath G. Jones, Fasanya, B.K & Gregory A. Flamme (2016). The effects of impulsive noise on the middle ear using laser-Doppler vibrometry technologies. Japan-US Technical Information Exchange Forum On Blast Injury (JUFBI-2016) Tokyo, Japan, 13-15 Jun 2016.
- Fasanya, B. K., Kornegay, L.A., Shofoluwe, M., & Dada, E. (2015). Workers’ perception of nightshift schedule. Submitted to Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering annual 2015 conference. Nov. 2015, Pittsburgh PA, USA.
- Kornegay, L.A., & Fasanya, B.K. (2015). Re-direct focus Industry and Academic Relationships. Submitted to Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering annual 2015 conference. Nov. 2015, Pittsburgh PA, USA.
- Fasanya, B.K., & Dada, E. A. (2015). Caregivers’ Concerns – Age-Group Issues on Workplace Violence. Accepted for 6th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics conference proceeding. July, 2015, Las Vegas, USA.
- Poster Presentation
- Jones, H.G., Greene, N.T., Fasanya, B.K., Hollonbeck, S.A. & Ahroon, W.A. (2016). Assessment of the Middle-ear Assumption of the Auditory Hazard Assessment Algorithm for Humans, paper to be presented at the 5th Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America (ASA) and Acoustical Society of Japan (ASJ), Nov-Dec 2016.
- Heath G. Jones, Fasanya, B.K., & William A. Ahroon. (2016). Assessment of the Middle-ear Assumption of the Auditory Hazard Assessment Algorithm for the Human Ear (AHAAH). Military Health System Research Symposium 2016 conference, Orlando FL.
- Kornegay, A., & Fasanya, B.K. (2016). Nanomanufacturing-Utilizing the Triple-Helix Concept for Workforce Development. Paper presented at the 5th IAJC/ISAM Joint International Conference on Engineering & Technology Nov. 2016 Orlando, FL.