PNW Online RN-to-BSN Admissions Requirements
Only applicants from Indiana, Illinois or Wisconsin, or Purdue Northwest alumni are authorized to enroll in the online RN-to-BSN program.
Applicants must have:
- Graduated from a regionally accredited institution
- Completed a nursing program that had national nursing accreditation at the time of attendance and graduation (ACEN, NCEA or CCNE)
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing: ACEN (formerly NLNAC) is a national accrediting body that provides accreditation to diploma and associate’s degree programs. A list of ACEN-accredited nursing programs can be found on the ACEN website (http://www.acenursing.org).
- National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation: CNEA is a national accrediting body that provides accreditation to LPN/LVN, diploma, and associate’s degree programs. A list of CNEA-accredited nursing programs can be found on the CNEA website (http://www.nln.org/accreditation-services)
- Active licensure as a registered nurse
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.3 from an accredited associate’s degree or diploma program in nursing. Applicants with a GPA between 2.0 and 2.29 may submit a petition letter to the director of the online program that will be reviewed by the RN-to-BSN Admission, Progression and Graduation Committee and documents the following:
- What circumstances caused the low GPA?
- What is different now to control those issues?
- What mechanisms are in place to ensure academic success?
- A list of career/employment accomplishments
- In addition to meeting the RN-to-BSN admissions requirements stated above, an applicant transferring from another college must submit:
- A completed application for admission
- $30 transcript evaluation fee
- $25 application fee
- Official college/university transcripts from each institution attended
- Copy of RN license number
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores may apply if applicant’s native/first language is not English and the applicant does not hold a bachelor’s degree or higher degree.