In addition to the upper division nursing courses, students admitted to the RN-BSN program are required to complete the following non-nursing requirements.
- 17 credit hours in Math/Science
- 6 credit hours in English Composition*
- 3 credit hours in general psychology
- 6 credit hours in Social Science electives
- 30 credit hours in Lower division nursing courses**
- 3 credit hours in Statistics*
- 3 credit hours in Communications electives
- 6 credit hours in Humanities elective
- 12 credit hours in general electives
**In most cases, Lower division nursing courses are not transfer equivalents to PNW upper division nursing classes.
*Statistics and English Composition II are pre-requisites to NUR 39000
- Students must have received a C (2.0) or higher in nursing prerequisite courses in order to satisfy the program requirements.
- Statistics courses cannot be more than 5 years old.
- Additional elective program requirements are not pre-requisites to NUR courses. They can be completed at any time while enrolled in the program and taken simultaneously with NUR courses.
- Please email your academic advisor with questions regarding the program requirements.
- Students may satisfy some/ most of these requirements with transfer credit upon admission.
- All non-nursing courses are 5 weeks unless noted by * which indicates it is a 10 week course.
- All non-nursing courses are 3 credit hours – with the exception of NUR 39900 which is 1 credit hour
- The cost for each course is a flat rate of $1085.04– This is the rate for the 2017-2018 academic year. (Subject to change based on decision made by the Purdue University Board of Trustees)
Please note that these non-nursing courses are 5 or 10 week online, accelerated courses
Courses that are ready and in rotation are:
- COM 11400 – Speech Communication- Communication/Humanities/ Elective – 5 weeks
- COM 21400 – Interpersonal Communication – Communication/Humanities/ Elective – 5 weeks
- COM 32500— Principles of Interviewing – Communication/Humanities/ Elective – 5 weeks
- ENGL 10500 —English Composition II — 10 weeks *
- FN 30300 – Essentials of Nutrition – Humanities/Social Science/ Elective—5 weeks
- HDFS 21000—Human Growth & Development – Humanities/Social Science/ Elective—5 weeks
- HIST 39000— Historical Health Issues – Humanities/Social Science/ Elective—5 weeks
- PHIL 11100—Philosophy of Ethics- Humanities/Social Science/ Elective—5 weeks
- POL 10100 – Intro to American Government – Humanities/Social Science/ Elective—5 weeks
- POL 39000— Healthcare and the Constitution – Humanities/Social Science/ Elective—5 weeks
- SPAN 11000 – Spanish for Healthcare 1 – Humanities/Social Science/ Elective – 5 weeks
- SPAN 11100 – Spanish for Healthcare 2 – Humanities / Social Science/ Elective – 5 weeks
- SOC 38200—Statistics Methods— 10 weeks *
Students may choose courses from other schools to transfer toward non-nursing program requirements. Once courses have been chosen, students may email their academic advisor with the following information to review that the course would fulfill program requirements:
- name of the school
- course number and title
- course description (including credit hours) from college catalog