Lisa Hopp, PhD, RN, FAAN
Title: Dean and Professor
Building: CLO Room: 315
|DEGREE EARNED||INSTITUTION||YEAR OF GRADUATION|
|Ph.D||University of Illinois at Chicago (Nursing)||1992|
|MS||University of Illinois at Chicago (Nursing)||1988|
|BSN||Rush University (Nursing)||1979|
|BA||Grinnell College (French)||1978|
- Joanna Briggs Foundation Board
- American Nurses Association and Indiana State Nurses Association
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- International Editorial Board, International Journal of Nursing
- Joanna Briggs Collaboration Committee of Directors
Licensure and Board Certification
- Indiana and Illinois
- 2019 National Association Clinical Nurse Specialist Brenda Lyon Leadership Award
- 2012 Fellow, American Academy of Nursing
- 2009 Joanna Briggs Institute, Annual Best Paper Award
- 2005 National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialist Susan B. Davidson Service Award
- 2002 Outstanding Teacher of the Year: Purdue University Calumet
- 1996 Sigma Xi
- 1988 Phi Kappa Phi
- 1985 Chicago Lung Assocation: Nursing Assembly Scholarship
- 1984 Sigma Theta Tau International
- 1984 American Nurses Association: Medical-Surgical Nurse of the Year
- Evidence Based Practice: systematic review methods and production, implementation science, knowledge translation
- Safety and quality in nursing practice
- Inspiratory muscle function and training in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Teaching Interests/Courses Taught
- Advanced physiology and pathophysiology
- Nursing research
- Evidence-based practice
- Adult-gerontologic and acute care/critical care clinical nurse specialist didactic and practica
- Foundations of advanced nursing practice
Scholarship of teaching interest:
- Using technology in teaching and learning
- Hopp, L. & Rittenmeyer, L (2012). Introduction to evidence based practice: A practical guide to nursing. FA Davis: Philadelphia, PA.
- Aromataris, E., Hopp, L., Munn, Z. (2011). Synthesizing evidence of risk. Lippincott-Joanna Briggs Institute Synthesis Series: No 5. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins: Philadelphia, PA.
- Hopp, L.J. (2010). Designing podcasts for clinical nurse specialist education.Clinical Nurse Specialist, 24, 106-109. doi: 10.1097/NUR.0b013e3181d33d80
- Hopp, L.J., & Walker, J. (2009). Effectiveness of arm exercise on dyspnea in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A systematic review.Joanna Briggs Institute Library of Systematic Reviews, 7, 1352-1371. Retrieved from http://www.joannabriggs.edu.au/pubs/systematic_reviews.php
- Hopp, L. (2009). The role of systematic reviews in teaching evidence-based practice. Clinical Nurse Specialists, 23, 314-315. Doi: 10.1097/NUR.0b013e3181bf996a
- Hopp, L.J. (2009). Letter to the editor: Once is never enough. American Journal of Critical Care, 18, 400..
- Hopp, L.J. (2006). Talk to me about evidence-based practice! Issues in Advanced Practice, 17, 250-252.
- Hopp, L.J. (2005). Minding the gap: Evidence-based practice brings the academy to clinical practice. Clinical Nurse Specialist, 19, 190-192.
- Hopp, L.J. (2005). Practice what we preach. Clinical Nurse Specialist, 19, 23-24.
- Hopp, L. J. (1998). Theories and principles underlying successful multimedia [report on presentation by R. Tannenbaum at EDUCOM]. Library High Tech News, 149, 18-19.
- Hopp, L.J. (1997). Using sound and animation to engage the learner.Proceedings of Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation, S-34, 73 [abstract].
- Hopp, L., Larson, J. L., Sharp, J. T., & Kim, M.J. (1996). Incremental threshold loading in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Nursing Research, 45, 196-202.
Selected Awards and Honors