Types of Financial Aid
- Federal Pell Grant: The federal government offers Pell Grants to undergraduate students in need, which is the foundation of a student’s financial aid package. Eligible students must be enrolled in a minimum of 1 credit hour.
- Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford Loan: For students with financial need based on the results of your FAFSA. Recipients must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours). Recipients are not charged interest while in school at least half-time and during grace or deferment periods.
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan: You are not required to demonstrate financial need to receive this loan. Interest accrues (accumulates) from the time it is first paid out. Recipients must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours for the entire semester).
How enrollment is determined for Financial Aid
Enrollment, for financial aid purposes, is based on the total number of credit hours for the entire semester.
Students must be enrolled in a minimum 6 credit hours for the entire semester at PNW to qualify for part-time financial aid status.
- Federal Pell Grant awards will be based on your enrollment as of the first day of each five week class in the semester/term and will be adjusted for subsequent increases or decreases in enrollment on the first day of each subsequent five week class.
- Stafford Loans will be adjusted for changes in enrollment. If you fall below 6 credit hours your eligibility may change. If refunds have been issued, you may have to return funds to the university. Contact Michelle Short if you are considering withdrawing from any classes to discuss how this might affect your financial aid eligibility.
Please see the Important Contact Information for the RN-BSN Program page for Financial Aid contact information.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Please visit the website for Financial Aid for the RN-BSN Online Partnership Program to learn how to apply for financial aid.
All financial aid documentation must be submitted 10 days prior to the start of classes.
Financial Aid Contact Information
(Updated December 2, 2019)