Welcome to the home page of Purdue Northwest’s Baccalaureate Program in Nursing! The baccalaureate program maintains a commitment to quality, evidence-based nursing education and has a reputation for clinical excellence. The program keeps pace with the ever-changing healthcare delivery systems and technological advances while being rooted in fundamental humanistic philosophies.
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN)
3342 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia, 30326
Purdue University Northwest’s College of Nursing is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN), and is designated by the National League for Nursing as a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education. The faculty, who hold graduate or doctoral degrees in nursing, are rated as excellent teachers and expert practitioners.
The Baccalaureate Program in nursing offers the following programs for entry into practice: Bachelor of Science Option and Accelerated Second Degree BSN Option for Second Degree Students. The degrees lead to eligibility to take the State Board examination for licensure as a registered nurse. In addition, an all online RN BSN Option is offered for practicing registered nurses who wish to complete a baccalaureate degree.
Aim of the Baccalaureate Program in Nursing
The Baccalaureate degree is designed to:
- prepare a nurse generalist with baccalaureate level nursing competencies who will be able to provide comprehensive nursing care for people of all ages within a variety of health care settings
- provide academic preparation for advanced degrees in Nursing
On behalf of the faculty and staff, thank you for visiting our program. If you interested in becoming one of our students, please choose Prospective Undergraduate Student Information.
College of Nursing Undergraduate Outcomes
- 2018 Pass Rate First-Time NCLEX-RN Licensure Exam: 98%
- 2017-18 Program Completion Rates (one and a half times length of the plan of study):
- Professional Option: 100%
- Second Degree Accelerated Option: 100%
- RNBSN Option: 74%
- 2017-18 Graduates Working as Registered Nurses:
- Professional/Accelerated: 100% (42/42)*
- RNBSN: 99% (312/314)**
*Phone call/email outreach