Graduate admission is granted to a specific program. Applicants ordinarily will be expected to hold baccalaureate degrees from colleges or universities of recognized standing prior to admission as graduate students. Three-year Bologna bachelor’s degree recipients are eligible for graduate admission. Applicants for a master’s or doctoral degree program should have achieved a 3.0/4.0 grade point index or higher for the baccalaureate degree or have other academic indices indicating superior performance to be considered for unconditional admission.
For additional information concerning requirements for admission, please consult specific departments/programs on the appropriate campus. Some graduate programs have requirements for admission that exceed the general Graduate Education requirements.
Programs at Purdue University Northwest can have different deadlines and some have additional admissions requirements. Please make sure you contact your department/program for the specific requirements and instructions.
Basic Graduate Education Application Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution; some programs have specific undergraduate degree requirements.
- A copy of official undergraduate transcripts and any post baccalaureate work is required for admissions review in most programs. Official copies of your undergraduate transcripts and previous academic work will be required upon admission.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or greater based on a 4.0 scale for unconditional admission. Students whose GPA is somewhat less than 3.0 may be considered for conditional admission.
- A goal statement or statement of purpose from the applicant (some programs require a specific format).
- Three letters of recommendation are required. Some programs may require an additional letter of recommendation.
- English proficiency test score (International students) Minimum scores: IELTS 6.5 band score or TOEFL 77 (19 Reading, 14 Listening, 18 Speaking, 18 Writing)
- Resume – if required by program
- Copy of license – see program requirements
- Test Scores (GMAT, GRE, etc.) – see program requirements