The graduation process begins the semester before you plan to graduate.
NOTE: All notification regarding plans of study, declaration of candidacy and graduation is done through your Purdue student email, check it regularly.
- Student: Submit PLAN OF STUDY (instructions on MyPUC > Graduate School tab) Plan of study must be final submitted prior to the start of the semester of graduation. Changes can be made prior to graduation.
- Student: Email your program and advise them of your intent to graduate before the Last Day to Declare Candidacy. (check the Graduate Studies calendar for deadline)
- Faculty/department: complete GS-7, Report of Master’s Examining Committee and submit to Graduate Studies office with audit forms. (due date for audit forms is listed on audit form)
- NON-THESIS students – complete your required credit hours and you are done!
- Student: Meet with your academic advisor to make sure you are on track.
- Student: Submit your electronic PLAN OF STUDY (instructions on MyPUC > Graduate School tab). Your Plan of study must be final submitted prior to the start of the semester of graduation. Changes to your plan can be made prior to the last week of regularly scheduled classes.
- Student: Email your program and advise them of your intent to graduate before the Last Day to Declare Candidacy. (check the Graduate Studies Calendar for deadline)
- Department: File GS-8, Request for Appointment of Examining Committee with Graduate Office at least two weeks before defense. It will be verified and returned to department.
- Student: Give thesis hard copies to committee members at least one week before defense.
- Student: Obtain signatures on Final Exam Report GS-7, Report of Master’s Examining Committee at defense.
- Faculty/department: complete GS-7 and submit to Graduate Studies office with audit forms. Audit forms are found on the R:G_GSO_DIR drive. (due date for audit forms is listed on audit form)
- Student: Meet with thesis format advisor and review hard copy to make sure format guidelines are understood.
- Student: Bring original GS-9, Thesis Acceptance and GS-32, Thesis/Dissertation Agreement, Publication Delay, and Copyright Disclaimer to thesis format advisor.
- Student: Send electronic file of thesis to format advisor for final approval. Any corrections needed will be communicated through e-mail.
- Format advisor will convert approved file to PDF and attach electronic GS-9 to file.*
- Format advisor e-mails completed file to student.*
- Format advisor notifies West Lafayette campus that the thesis format has been approved.
- Student submits thesis to ProQuest at http://www.etdadmin.com/cgi-bin/home
- Student will get an e-mail from West Lafayette campus either accepting thesis or with request to make more changes and then to resubmit.
- Student will forward this e-mail to format advisor.
- Format advisor will issue receipt for thesis (once thesis is accepted) and then e-mail the receipt,GS-9 and GS-32 to student, West Lafayette campus and Purdue Calumet graduate office.
- Format advisor mails original thesis receipt, GS-9 and GS-32 to West Lafayette campus.
Thesis Students: If any hard copies are required by your department, you may print them out after your thesis is fully approved. Please see the department for requirements. Hard copies are NOT required by Purdue University Thesis Dissertation Office.
*Applies to documents created in MS-Word only. If any other software used, student is responsible for PDF conversion.