Currently active senior undergraduate students and graduate students in all disciplines at Purdue University Northwest will be eligible to participate in 3MT®. Students may be conducting research through thesis work, capstone, directed project, or other guided research under a faculty mentor.
- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’ of any description are allowed. The slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration.
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g. no poems, raps or songs).
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through either movement or speech.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
- The final PowerPoint Presentation file submission deadline is Monday, March 25th 5:00 pm. Please save the file name as Firstname_Lastname.pptx and email the file to email@example.com before the deadline. If the student’s PowerPoint file is not received by the deadline, the student will not be scheduled to the 3MT competition.