What We Do
The Writing Center at Purdue University Northwest is open to support the writing endeavors of students, faculty, and staff. We work from the position that fixing one paper only gets a writer through that particular writing task, while focusing on good writing enables writers to apply what they learn during a session more widely. Services include one-on-one tutorials, group tutorials, asynchronous sessions (via e-mail), and workshops throughout the semester.
What We Offer
We offer tutoring to all Purdue University Northwest students, staff, and faculty on all types of writing projects. Our goal is to assist writers in looking at their writing more critically by helping to identify strengths and weaknesses, and making suggestions for improvements.
Staffed by trained peer tutors, the Writing Center on each campus is a free resource for those who seek assistance planning, writing, and revising texts. Our knowledgeable staff is happy to help with any stage of the writing process, including: brainstorming, researching, organizing ideas, drafting, revising for overall content, or identifying common errors.
- The tutor was so incredibly helpful and extremely welcoming. I had no confidence walking in to the Writing Center and she put me at ease and was very encouraging. Will absolutely be coming back to work with her. Very grateful the Writing Center exists.
- I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and thought that it was very helpful. The people and the environment are very welcoming and friendly.
- The tutor was great in helping me make sure my in-text citations and reference page were dialed in by the time I left the center. She was friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. I will recommend the Writing Center to my fellow classmates!
- The tutor was so helpful and was happy to answer all of my questions even though I had so many!
- The Writing Center was great. Everyone was very helpful and welcoming. I will definitely be taking advantage of this resource more often.