Bringing It Home.
- The 3,000-5,000 sq. ft. Student Engineering Design Studio will be the center for all student design and innovation activities in Purdue University Northwest’s School of Engineering.
- This (place + space) will give our undergraduate engineering students room to figure out how to design a better bridge (Bridge Building Team), the ultimate interplanetary vehicle (Mars Rover Competition), and a car to beat all cars (Formula SAE).
- Here, it’s all about collaboration, working in teams, learning new methods, and reaching across disciplines to come up with the next big idea.
- And it will be an intersection where (faculty + students) join with (industry experts + entrepreneurs) from NW Indiana and our region to find new solutions to some of our toughest systemic problems—and to tackle some of our biggest challenges head-on.
- Meeting and interaction spaces equipped with cutting-edge visualization and communication technology.
- Design labs for computer-aided design and engineering.
- Spaces dedicated to computer simulation of both discrete and distributed systems in mechanical, civil, electrical, and computer engineering.
- Shop and maker spaces for senior design projects and student competition teams.
- A machine shop for both classical and computer‐aided manufacturing.
- 3D‐printing facilities.
(photos courtesy of Shepley Bulfinch)
Be Part of Something Big.
Two strong supporters of PNW’s School of Engineering, alumnus Stewart McMillan (BS ’77) and his wife Kathryn, have issued a $300,000 matching gift challenge for the Student Engineering Design Studio—meaning gifts that raise up to $300,000 will be matched dollar-for-dollar for a total of $600,000. That jumpstarts the fundraising for this important project. Join us with a contribution to the Student Engineering Design Studio. Any size gift is appreciated—because, as engineers, we all know that sometimes the smallest change sets off the biggest reaction.
Note: After selecting your amount to give, choose “Please click here to view college, school and university-wide gift funds“, scroll down to “Purdue Northwest College of Engineering and Sciences“, click on the “See More” arrow to the right, and then check the “PNW Engineering Student Design Studio” box so your gift can be properly directed.