Program offered at both the Hammond & Westville Campuses
The electrical engineering technology principles you will learn can be applied in a wide range of careers, including: biomedical, green energy, transportation, communications, entertainment and manufacturing. Given the sophistication dictated by the emerging technologies within the vast field of electrical and electronics engineering technology, the Bachelor of Science program in Electrical Engineering Technology is designed to give graduates a strong background to help them enter the job market and be productive in society. Graduates of the program are readily employable because of their theoretical and practical skills in each technical subject and their extensive hands-on laboratory training.
Many of our graduates pursue careers as electrical reliability engineers, design engineers, sales associates, bio-medical technicians, electrical process engineers, electrical and instrumentation technicians, and instrument and electrical training coordinators once they have finished their degrees.
The Electrical Engineering Technology Bachelor of Science program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. This ensures that the program is independently reviewed.
The following are the Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s) for the Baccalaureate Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology (EET):
Program Educational Objective 1:
- The program will prepare graduates with the technical skills necessary for successful careers in the design, application, installation, manufacturing, testing, documentation, operation, maintenance, analysis, development, implementation, and oversight of electrical/electronic(s) and computer systems. The graduates are honed with the skill sets pertaining to data computation, analysis and problem solving.
Program Educational Objective 2:
- The program will prepare graduates to work as effective team members with commanding oral and written communication skills, as well as to advance in their careers and continue their professional development.
Program Educational Objective 3:
- The program will prepare graduates to exercise humanistic ethics in their profession and to recognize the global impacts of their profession on society. Upon graduation our graduates are industry ready.
Graduates of the Electrical Engineering Technology program have:
- an ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of the discipline of Electrical Engineering Technology to broadly-defined engineering technology activities.
- an ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to Electrical Engineering Technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
- an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes.
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined Electrical Engineering Technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives.
- an ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.
- an ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined Electrical Engineering Technology problems.
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- an understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
- an understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity.
- a knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
Approved by Faculty and Industrial Advisory Board on 9/1/2016.
- 100 Baccalaureate Degree Students – Spring
- 101 Baccalaureate Degree Students – Fall
- 30 Baccalaureate Degree Graduates
- 107 Baccalaureate Degree Students – Fall
- 7 Baccalaureate Degree Graduates