College of Engineering and Sciences
Interdisciplinary All The way
Computers & Data For Decisions
Professor Vijay (VJ) Devabhaktuni’s academic preparation is an interdisciplinary combination of Computer programming, Electronics engineering, Machine learning, Mathematics, and Physics. He is internationally renowned for his creativity, entrepreneurship, and scholarship as he continues to utilize computers and data to render critical and timely decisions in diverse contexts. These decisions either directly impact human lives or directly impact industry’s profitability.
(1) Applying cloud technologies in manufacturing;
(2) Applying computer algorithms for energy efficient homes;
(3) Applying machine learning to secure cyber and data environments;
(4) Applying neural network computations to optimize cost, space, and yield of electronic devices;
(5) Applying virtual reality to medical education and UAV operator training; and
(6) Applying visualization for enhancing quality of healthcare.
VJ attributes his 4000 google scholar citations and $5M research funding to his faculty collaborators and his 70 thesis based MS and Ph.D. graduates. He is an advocate of experiential learning and industry engagement, and fosters research that addresses contemporary problems. VJ loves promoting faculty success!