The Secondary Education Transition to Teach (T2T) program is an 18-credit hour program of study that leads to eligibility for licensure as an educator for individuals who currently hold baccalaureate degrees. The T2T program can be completed in three semesters and is open to individuals who are able to demonstrate competency in basic skills, grade point average, and a degree in a licensure field.
1.Basic Skills Competency met through one of the following:
- GRE score of at least 301 based on Verbal and Quantitative (test must have been taken after 8/1/11)
- CASA score of at least 220 in each area: Reading, Writing, and Mathematics
- ACT composite score of 24 (based on Math, Reading, Grammar and Science) or
- SAT score of 1170 based on Evidence-based Reading and Writing and Math
2. Grade Point Average
- Baccalaureate degree:
- GPA: 3.0/4.0 in the subject area for which they are seeking licensure: OR
- GPA 2.5/4.0 scale and five years of professional experience in the subject area; OR
- Degree in subject area and successfully passed the state approved content area examination
- Graduate degree in the subject area/related field
3. Licensure Fields—baccalaureate degree in one of these or a related discipline
- Engineering and/or Technology
- Biology/Life Science
- Fine Arts (music, theater, visual arts)
- Political Science
- World Language (Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Latin, Spanish)
4. Core Content Exam score of 220 or higher
For information on the CORE content exams, please visit the Indiana CORE Assessments website.
Individuals interested in pursuing educator licensure through the Transition to Teach program, must complete the following:
- An application for admission to Purdue University Northwest as a non-degree seeking graduate student. Applications can be accessed on the Graduate Application page. Please see the image below this checklist to demonstrate how the application as a non-degree should be completed.
- Submit a T2T Application through the School of Education and Counseling’s online portal. As part of the T2T Application, candidates will be required to upload a Statement of Teaching and Learning Philosophy.
- Meet testing requirements
- Basic Skills Competency (i.e., GRE, CASA, ACT, or SAT scores)
- Core Content Area assessment for which licensure is being sought
- For Fall admission, interviews will take place in the preceding March.
- For Spring admission, interviews will take place in the preceding October.
T2T candidates will complete the following 18-credits of coursework:
- EDCI 51300 Foundations of Learning Design and Technology (1 cr)
- For Spring 2020, use EDPS 69500 CRN: 39289
- EDPS 58500 Multicultural Education (3 cr)
- EDPS 53000 Advanced Educational Psychology (3 cr)
- EDCI 60800 Individualizing Instruction in the Elementary and Secondary School (3 cr)
- EDPS 53200 Measuring Educational Achievement (3 cr)
- EDCI 69500 Internship/student teaching (3 cr)
- EDCI 58000 Foundations of Curriculum (2 cr)
- For Spring 2020, use EDPS 69500 CRN: 39291
For questions, please contact Dr. Maya Blackwell at email@example.com.