We accept applications year round for the School Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, Human Services, and Addictions Certification programs. Please see the application checklist and application materials below.
- Contact us for your chosen subject area and make an appointment to discuss your interest in the program.
- Fill out the online application. When filling out the online application, please keep in mind that paying by check could hold up your application between 2-3 weeks.
- When applying online, you will be asked to provide the following documents:
- Official transcript: You will need to provide a transcripts from every university/college attended to date. To complete you application, the transcript must be an official copy from the university/college you attended. If you upload the transcript, it is not an official transcript. For more information on official transcripts, please see the Graduate Studies Office Transcript Page.
- Three recommendations: Appropriate sources for recommendations include professors familiar with your work or people in a supervisory role, such as administrators, program coordinators, mentor teachers, and supervising teachers. Please do not provide us with a recommendation form from your “friend, the teacher down the hall.” Peers, colleagues, and friends are not appropriate sources. The Recommendation Form is provided for your use.
- Admissions Supplement: This document provides information on why you are pursuing the license and/or degree. This document will replace the “Statement of Purpose” listed in the application. Please be sure to complete the entire supplement, including the grid. The supplement can be found here:Admissions Supplement
- GRE scores, only if you are an international student.
- Once your admission responsibilities are complete, we will take care of the rest and you will receive an official letter welcoming you into your program, if admitted.
- For applicants who do not meet the minimum required scores on the TOEFL or IELTS, Purdue University Northwest offers an English Language Program to acquire proficiency in English: more information on this program can be found here.
A printable checklist is available for you to download: Application Checklist
For additional information, please visit the Graduate Studies page.
Certified Background Check Information
Any student accepted into a Counselor Education Program is required to have an Expanded Criminal History Report on file. These programs include: Clinical Mental Health Counseling, School Counseling, Human Services, and the Certificate in Addictions. These reports need to be completed within the first week of class.
Students should follow the link below to the CastleBranch website and apply as a Student.