Below are a few key facts regarding the reasons why an internship can be so beneficial to students near graduation.
- Students’ internship experience has been shown to be the #1 factor influencing employer hiring decisions for recent grads.
- A May 2012 study showed that students who completed an internship earned about 15% more on average than those who did not engage in an internship.
- According to a NACE 2010 Internship and Co-op Survey, 44.6% of new hires (from the Class of 2009) came from employers’ internship programs.
- An April 2012 survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers showed an overall conversion rate for turning interns into full-time employers hit an all-time high of 58.6%.
- One University study showed that on average, only 30% of graduating seniors have job offers prior to graduation, whereas this number rises to 58% for students who have completed internships.