Stay Connected and Support the Department of Biological Sciences
Dear Alumni and Friends:
To help us build a stronger department and enhance our students’ learning experiences, I sincerely hope that you will stay involved and continuously provide your support to the Department of Biological Sciences at Purdue University Northwest. You may help us by staying connected and participating in the department’s various initiatives and events, or making a donation to the following funds to support the department, biology students and biology laboratories.
You may help us by:
- Attending and supporting department events
- Promoting our programs and helping recruit qualified undergraduate and graduate students
- Providing internship and employment opportunities to our students and graduates
- Updating your contact information with the Department of Biological Sciences or Purdue Northwest Alumni Association
- Making donations to the following Biology Funds:
Biology Laboratory Enhancement Fund
This fund will be used for upgrading laboratory facilities and purchasing laboratory instruments for teaching and research.
Biology Student Enrichment Fund
This fund will be specifically used to benefit biology undergraduate and graduate students and enhance their learning experience at Purdue Northwest. The following are examples:
- Funds scholarships or awards for students with outstanding academic achievement or service records.
- Pays for new research equipment and supplies needed for student research.
- Supports students to attend professional conferences and present their research projects.
- Supports Life Sciences Seminars.
Biology Alumni and Friends Fund
This is a multipurpose fund which will be used to address the most critical needs of the department under the department head’s discretion.
Giving to the Department of Biological Sciences at Purdue Northwest also benefits you.
- State of Indiana College Tax Credit: Indiana taxpayers may take a tax credit of half (50%) of their gift to a College in Indiana. The maximum credit is $200 (based on a gift of $400 or more) for a joint return and $100 (for a gift of $200 or more) for a single return. The tax credit is used to reduce the amount you owe in Indiana state income taxes.
- Federal Tax Advantages: Contributions to the Department of Biological Sciences at Purdue Northwest are deductible as charitable contributions within the limits of the Internal Revenue Code.
(Requires Adobe Reader to view. Don’t have Adobe Reader? Click here to download.)