Why Study Sports Management at PNW?
Build a career around your passion for sports!
Are you passionate about sports? Passionate enough to make a career out of it? At Purdue University Northwest we challenge you to overcome all odds, bring your A-game, and take control of your future!
The new Sports Management major in the College of Business is open for enrollment. Students will learn about fitness and exercise physiology, nutrition for performance, facilities design, event planning, media relations, business analytics, digital marketing, club management, consumer behavior, and so much more.
Sports Management majors have developed over the last 10-20 years, reflecting increased career opportunities in the sports business field at both the intercollegiate and professional levels. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics shows 225,000 people currently employed in this field, with a projected growth rate of 6% per year. At Purdue Northwest, we expect you to leave everything on the field and never ask, “What could have been?”
Solid Business Foundation
“The major in Sports Management is an important addition to our academic offerings in the College of Business,” PNW Business College Dean Jane Mutchler said. “It offers students the opportunity to apply a solid business foundation, coupled with classes in fitness, wellness, nutrition, sports management and more to an industry they love.”
Graduates of the program will earn a Bachelor of Science in Business degree accredited by the world’s premier business accrediting body—the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. Fewer than 5 percent of business colleges worldwide have achieved AACSB International accreditation.
- Sports Agent
- Sports Event Planning
- Compliance Professional
- Player Appearance Management
- Sports Promotions
- Inside Sales Representative
- Marketing Manager
- Sports Arena Manager
- Community Relations and Events Coordinator
- Digital Data Manager
- Professional and Collegiate Athletic Association Officials/Coaches/Scouts
- Front Office/Business Office/Finance Office Managers
- Player Representatives/Managers
Business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, International (AACSB).
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Human Resource Management
The College of Business offers several scholarships.
- The Future Leaders Scholarship
- The Study Abroad Scholarship
- The Dean’s Scholarship
– Tommy Lasorda
– Michael Jordan
- FN 30300 Essentials of Nutrition
- FN 40000 Nutrition for Sports Performance or FN 42200-Community Nutrition & Health Promotion
- FM 10100 through FM 10700 – choose two
- Individualized Wellness Strategies courses
- FM 16800 Foundations in Exercise Physiology
- MKG 42400 Consumer Behavior
- MKG 42600 Marketing Channels
- MKG 43400 Digital Market Strategy or MKG 42100 Integrated Market Communication or
MKG 42800 Advertsing Management or MKG 43300 Personal Selling
- OBHR 43100 Human Resources Management
- SPAN 10600 Spanish for Business
- SPTM 30100 Practicum in Intercollegiate Athletics—Hands-on Experience Opportunity
- SPTM 31200 Organization and Management in the Sports Industry
- SPTM 32200 Facilities Design & Management
- SPTM 42000 Sport Event Planning/Promotion
- SPTM 41500 Public and Private Sports Club Management
- SPTM 40200 Internship in Sports Management—Hands-on Experience Opportunity