Why Study Marketing?
Put yourself on the fast-track to one of the hottest, most in-demand career fields by joining the Marketing program at the College of Business.
Have you ever wondered who comes up with all of those cleverly creative company slogans that get stuck in your head? These concepts first start out as a simple idea from a marketing professional. The minds behind Nike’s “Just Do It” campaign, or the “Red Bull Gives You Wings” initiative, were all once in the same place you are today, deciding where to begin their education.
Why choose Purdue Northwest?
To help you climb up the corporate ladder, Purdue University Northwest offers fast-paced courses designed to lift your nose out of the textbook and simulate the real-world environment of the marketing profession. These experiential learning (EXL) courses take learning outside of the classroom to provide students with hands-on opportunities to study in the field.
Experiential Learning – Learning by Doing
- Personal Selling: Students participate in a role-play competition with the goal of preparing to perform in real sales situations.
Each semester, students compete against each other through a series of interactive role-plays requiring intense research and preparation.
- Digital Marketing Campaigns: Put on your creative cap to help develop a digital-themed campaign for a real-world client. Finalized campaigns are then submitted to the client for review.
- Advertising Management: This course provides an understanding and evaluation of advertising functions within the modern business environment. Emphasis is given to history, advertising and the promotional mix, and advertising as a vital communication tool.
- Advertising Campaigns: This fully integrated marketing course pulls elements from MKG 42500 and MKG 42100 to give students a full 360-degree view of what it takes to put together a complete marketing campaign.
- Marketing Research Analyst
Median Salary: $60,570
- Entry Level Sales Representative
Median Salary: $52,000
- Promotions Management
Median Salary: $108,260
- Public Relations Specialist
Median Salary: $57,550
Business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, International (AACSB).
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Human Resource Management
- Sports Management
The College of Business offers several scholarships.
- The Future Leaders Scholarship
- The Study Abroad Scholarship
- The Dean’s Scholarship
Agency 429 (Hammond Campus)
Agency 429 members put their creativity and marketing acumen to the test by competing in the American Advertising
Federation’s (AAF) annual National Student Advertising Competition. The NSAC contest gives students the opportunity to compete with other universities to design a full ad campaign for an industry-leading brand. Since 2008, students have brought.
Purdue University Marketing Association (Hammond Campus)
Marketing Club (Westville Campus)
Our Marketing clubs are able to help students learn about career opportunities, as well as act as a valuable networking and resume-building resource. We offer students the opportunity to prepare for their careers under the guidance of a knowledgeable professor who has the real-world experience and industry connections to help students reach their career goals.
- MKG 42200 International Marketing
- MKG 42400 Consumer Behavior
- MKG 42500 Marketing Research
- MKG 42600 Marketing Channels
- MKG 43000 Advertising Campaigns I
- MKG 43300 Personal Selling
- MKG 48000 Marketing Strategy or MKG 429000 Advertising Campaigns I
Required Digital Marketing Elective
- MKG 42000 Digital Marketing Campaigns
- MKG 42800 Advertising Management
- MKG 43400 Digital Marketing Strategy